Linzer Cookies with Rose Raspberry Jam
One of my holiday traditions is baking cookies and sharing them with family and friends. Use any jam you’d like, but if you want to try my Rose Raspberry Jam, click here!
- Prep Time15 mins
- Cook Time1 hr 30 mins
- Total Time1 hr 45 mins
For Vanilla Butter Cookies
340g Butter, soften
Vanilla Beans ½ pod, scraped
1 Egg, whisk
450g all purpose flour (more for dusting), sifted
½ teaspoon salt
- Make cookies. In a large bowl combine softened butter and sugar. Using a hand mixer, cream them until fluffy.
- Add whisked egg in batches. Mix well each time.
- Add sifted flour and salt to the butter mixture. Using a spatula, mix until just combined.
- Shape the dough into a disk, wrap the dough with plastic. Rest the dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325˚F
- Roll out the dough to ¼ inch thick. Using 2 1/2 round cookie cutter, cut out the dough. Using 1 ½ inch round mold (I used the back of a piping tip), cut a hole in the middle. Place the cookies on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, and bake for 8-10 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- Assemble cookies. Spread the rose raspberry jam on the cookies without hole. Sprinkle confectioners’ sugar over the cookies with holes. Gently press the cut out cookie on top of the jam.