Try this classic Italian dessert with a Japanese twist! This no bake dessert is perfect for summer.
- Prep Time15 mins
- Cook Time40 mins
- Total Time55 mins
2 tablespoons matcha
1 cup hot water
12 lady fingers
1 egg white
2 tablespoons water
1 egg yolk
2 tablespoons sugar
226g (8oz) Mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
100ml heavy cream, soft peak
- Line lady fingers in a 9 ½ Inch round dish.
- In a mug, place the matcha powder. Pour over hot water. Whisk until the matcha dissolves. Dip the lady fingers into matcha. Layer them in the dish. Set aside.
- Make Italian meringue. In a medium size bowl, whisk whites with a hand mixer until foamy. Set aside. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and water. Boil it until all the sugar dissolves (If you have a candy thermometer, 118-120 ̊C is the ideal temperature.)
- Drizzle the hot syrup into the egg white. Whisk the white until glossy. Chill in the fridge.
- In a small bowl, combine egg yolk and sugar. Continue whisking mixture over a bain marie (double boiler) until pale and doubled in volume. Set aside.
- Using a whisk, whip the mascarpone cheese. Combine the egg yolk mixture, then combine whipped cream. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the italian meringue.
- Pour batter over into the dish. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour. Dust the top with matcha powder.