Zucchini and Beet Smash Cake
Healthy Cake for Baby’s first birthday!
- Prep Time30 mins
- Cook Time1 hr
- Total Time1 hr 30 mins
1 tablespoon ghee, melted
1 cup zucchini (grated)
1 cup beets (cooked and finely chopped)
½ cup whole milk yogurt
1 ¼ cup whole wheat flour
¼ cup flaxseed meal
1 can (13.5 ounces) coconut cream, chilled
- Preheat the oven to 325˚F. Grease two 5” cake pans, and line the bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in grated zucchini and cooked and chopped beets. (I use a food processor for both zucchini and beets). Add yogurt and ghee. Mix to combine.
- In a medium bowl, combine whole wheat flour, flaxseed meal. Mix well.
- Add flour mixture into zucchini mixture. Using a whisk, mix well.
- Distribute batter into two cake pans evenly. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool the cake completely and remove the parchment paper.
- Decorate the cake with coconut cream. Don’t shake the coconut cream can before you open it so you can use the thick part of the coconut cream to frost the cake.